- The Universities White Paper says, ' We encourage higher education institutions to publish anonymised information for prospective and existing students about the teaching qualifications, fellowships and expertise of their teaching staff at all levels.' HEFCE will lead on this and respond by April 2012. SEDA is keen to be involved in the consultation and would welcome your views.
- SEDA exec has been asked to contribute to another Times Higher article on qualifications to teach in HE so look out for the usual arguments for and against once again :)
- We have had lots of high quality applications for the posts of tutor and course leader of the new Supporting and Leading Educational Change Programme. The panel will be able to announce results very soon. Thank you to all applicants. The programme will begin in October.
- SEDA Summer School starts next week.This programme is always positively evaluated by participants and we wish all involved best wishes for another successful 'school'.
- SEDA website front page is being revamped over the summer. We hope you'll like it. We have added a news section and will add twitter and blog links. Thanks to all those who responded to this blog with such suggestions.
- SEDA PDF - Are you looking for a flexible CPD programme for particular groups of staff in your university that you can adapt while providing national recognition? Find out how more and more universities are using the SEDA Professional Development Framework http://www.seda.ac.uk/professional-development.html?p=3_1_5
- After a fantastic response to the call for papers, rregistration is open for:
Using Technology to Enhance Learning